The TIme is to live and be happy now!

Monday, July 12, 2010

The Hero\Champion in us all!

I have been very drawn to the concept of people having superpowers / relying on their gifts or strengths! So I have been indulging in TV series such as Heroes, the World Cup matches and Wimbledon. I have been loving how people discover their “gifts” and leverage them. I love how some know what is their strength is and that they can take on a situation, trust in their strengths and apply them. They trust that by consistently applying their strengths, the rest will take of itself! So I am at a place where I am looking to discover, recognize and celebrate the talent/strength that we beings possess. What has been blessed to us that enable us to add a richness to life in the way we experience and navigate. The essence of what makes us the Hero\Champion in our lives!


Imagine that you had a set of superpowers that you we unaware of. And then at a point in your life, a light gets switched on. And before you know, you start becoming aware of what you are capable of. Yes there are parts of this discovery that are scary but then you allow it to play out and before you know it, you start understanding what you are capable of and then the fun of living life starts! Imagine how life would be once the lights are switched on and you can start seeing and understanding your superpowers in action!

It truly speaks to the concept of know thy talents and put them to work as that is where the strength in your life lies. We have those aspects to us that come effortlessly, feed purely off instinct and energize us as we give into the flow and simply ride the wave. How would you see the world, if you started applying some awareness to how you are when you in the moment, flowing freely, getting a energizing buzz from what you doing and when it all is just happening through you effortlessly?

I am not surprised that I stumbled across Marcus Buckingham recently. I will admit that I am intrigued by his notion of focus on your strengths and take them to the next level versus working on those weaknesses to be a fully all rounded individual. If you look at superheroes, all they really do is hone the craft of their strengths, manage around their weaknesses and partner with other superheroes that pick up where their weaknesses exist. Marcus goes into speaking on those topics.

I am most intrigued by the Strengths Finder. I took the test and was not surprised by what came back. I did feel like the lights where switched on. Like I had some context to what I do when I am navigating through my life. What is interesting for me, is that I spent a lot of energy suppressing who I am. I think a large part is that I figured who I was, basically hurt people and if I was ever going to have special people that stick around that I needed to work on being a better person. So what according to Marcus is a naturally blessed talent to me, is what I considered as a bad part within me.

I do see why I prefer the person I get to be at work. It plays to my strengths and talents. I am celebrated when I compete to win, want to shine and stand out amongst the masses, want to give structure and clarity to what is around me, personally invest myself in whatever I do and take on responsibility to the bitter end and the necessary sacrifice as a result of the feeling of obligation. My work environment celebrates and provides me with countless opportunities which probably explains my workaholic tendencies.

My personal life seems right now in my head not to celebrate what turns me on and charges me. That is probably because I feel that being that person in my personal life could be a bit overwhelming to others. I am either intimidating, coming across as judgmental or being a complete doormat (better than my aggressive take charge nature). And I am beginning to see why. I do edit some parts of me to “protect” those in my personal life. This is probably the part I need to start making peace with. What makes me strong needs to be understood more and I can integrate that into my personal life!

So I am all for us fellow superheroes becoming aware of our powers/gifts/talents/strengths and putting them to work for our highest good and bliss. This is where I am feeling a shift within me. A shift to start focusing on what is great about me is happening. I understand that there is balance and that the Shadow has its place.  But it is part of the journey of discovery and enlightenment.  What better place to start than with my God bestowed talents . . . .

Here is to us superheroes discovering the joy of leveraging our superpowers! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liked It? Read These . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails

DISCLAIMER

All images, unless otherwise noted, were taken from the Internet and are assumed to be in the public domain. In the event that there is still a problem or error with copyrighted material, the break of the copyright is unintentional and noncommercial and the material will be removed immediately upon request.By viewing this blog you are verifying that it is not illegal for you to view the content herein. You are held responsible for any state, local or your countries laws.All models are believed to be of legal age or older. I am not responsible for the content of sites that link here or that I link to. The author is not responsible for any damage or harm caused to individuals as a result of using content from this blog. Application or use of content for personal/business reasons is at the reader's own risk.

Original Content Is Copyright to Crazeebee Livin

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected