The TIme is to live and be happy now!

Saturday, April 25, 2009

What the Calorie Counter Display on the treadmill triggered......


So I received a little reminder of what faith in the process is all about and from the strangest of experiences. If you have been following my blog, you should have picked up that I am very much on that vibe of getting back into shape and giving my body the best chance it has at being healthy and radiant. So I am on this run and sweat everyday thing as one of the options!


Last night was the routine get on the treadmill, enter the workout details and this time I was aiming at burning over 200 KCals in 15 minutes! I seemed to be hovering at 190 KCals which was getting last season. I was in the mood for a new frontier!


So last night, I finally achieved my goal of breaking into that new frontier! But I achieved it differently to how I originally intended. My obvious strategy was 1 minute low intensity , 4 minutes at high intensity until all 15 minutes were used up or I caved in from esxhaustion then just take it easy till the 15 minutes were up. But last night I oscillated speeds. 1 minute low intensity, then went for what I was comfortable to run at plus the speed that challenged me physically. So 1 minute comfortable, 1 minute stretch and so I alternated until the 15 minutes were up or exhaustion set in!


I was amazed at how much I achieved by trying that approach! On the drive home I realised that the way to your bliss / goals for happiness are honestly a windy road versus a straight path. The step forward step backward theory may not always apply as I used to see it before!
So there will be times when you feel like you going back but maybe that is not the reality of the situation! And that is how I was feeling lately with the setbacks at work that maybe my growth professionally was taking a nose dive. But what I did not consider is that maybe I went onto a comfortable speed for a "minute" before the next challenge "minute" for growth and insight was on its way.


The bottom line is that I am probably still on the path to a new threshold, the trick is to just keep putting one foot in front of the other! Something like a labyrinth! The delicious goal is in the center but there is a winded path to it. It will feel like being set back, declining or losing your edge but you merely on a path and eventually you get to that delicious center. So take the journey as it reveals itself and comes to you!

I also ended up being extremely grateful and I would like to give a space for my top choices and this is in no particular order:


  1. For my blog! It has been such a beautiful mechanism to be honest, real with me and an outlet of what goes on inside. I am also grateful for people that take the time to read and/or decide to share! I am all for enlightenment!
  2. My awesome friends and my growing circle of friends. I am truly surrounded by strong, passionate, wise and beautiful people. I am truly blessed and wealthy in that department.
  3. My professional life. I work for one of the best consulting firms in the globe and doing pretty darn good in that firm amongst so many brilliant people! To enjoy unbelievable support, growth, opportunity and every day have the ability to make a difference and add value is such an awesome call to my character. I work with amazing people from which I learn from and receive some amazing inspiration from! I am also grateful to be living this especially in the Global Economic Crisis where some good people have lost their jobs.
  4. My home is taking on such a personality. I am seeing the fruits of putting my love into it and now it feels like a home not just a house I used for shelter. I am LOVING it!
  5. My family that has taught me to be the person I am, challenged me to go beyond who I was to be more than I could have dreamed of and who love me despite the great and not so great that lives within me. A safe place to breathe and just be and receive and give pure love!
  6. For the wisdom, intelligence and guidance that is all around me. All I have to do is listen and reach out and I have answers. That is so awesome to have that at my fingertips!

So yeah, that is what a treadmill did for me last night! Here is to breaking into new thresholds ;-)

4 comments:

  1. Great! You're becoming the person you want to be. Really wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just really comforting when puzzle pieces click into place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is amazing to see where and when we will get the next installment of our puzzle to finding 'the real me!' Every day see's us with a new situation to enlighten us to us, if only we are willing to listen..........

    Great blog by the way :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Gemel! Coming from you and looking at how inspiring your blog is, I appreciate it.

    Here is to discovering puzzle pieces and loving every minute of the procss ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Liked It? Read These . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails

DISCLAIMER

All images, unless otherwise noted, were taken from the Internet and are assumed to be in the public domain. In the event that there is still a problem or error with copyrighted material, the break of the copyright is unintentional and noncommercial and the material will be removed immediately upon request.By viewing this blog you are verifying that it is not illegal for you to view the content herein. You are held responsible for any state, local or your countries laws.All models are believed to be of legal age or older. I am not responsible for the content of sites that link here or that I link to. The author is not responsible for any damage or harm caused to individuals as a result of using content from this blog. Application or use of content for personal/business reasons is at the reader's own risk.

Original Content Is Copyright to Crazeebee Livin

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected