The TIme is to live and be happy now!

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Lead me to my treasures......


The thought of my first day at high school crossed my mind the other day. I was trying to remember what that day entailed and what it held in terms of importance but the details are indeed a bit hazy. But what I do remember is how I felt on that day which ultimately turned out to be a very successful first year at high school followed by more successful years. The reason I am writing about this??? Well sitting in my parents' house and seeing the little shrine they built as a tribute to my academic feats at school set it off........


Primary School was probably one of the most painful and cruelest experiences I encountered as a kid. Being different from age 6 already, I did tend to stand out. Here was this boy who knew that whatever he put his mind to was no big deal as he would make it work and to top it off he had this unbelievable feminine flair! So I obviously got attention (not the kind a kid should get) wherever I found myself. Boys, particularly, only knew that being nasty and cruel was a fun way to pass the break times without the teachers being around to protect me.


Despite all this, I managed to still excel at school as I had a clear mission. There is a treasure on the other side! Just stay strong, don't pay any attention to silly people and keep going! Eye on the goal little one. Now I realise that that voice was my mom's which is exactly what I tell myself these days to move forward. I ended up being Head Boy at primary school and what a power position that turned out be. Little me had arrived and beat all those cruel a$$eS that teased me to be the pick of the standard. I loved every minute of my senior year at primary school.

So the time to attend High School came along and despite all the warnings of the teachers that we would be the babies, finding ourselves at the bottom of the food chain, the horror stories of initiation, I found myself strangely excited and looking forward to the new adventure. I was on the brink of adulthood!!!! What could be more exciting than that. Finally being an adult............................


Academic accolades (as in had to get the trophy for top student for every academic subject I was doing) was my thing throughout primary school and I was excited to see if I could accomplish the same feat at High School. There was a bigger pool and from the research I did on Day 1 at High School, all the top students from each of the four primary schools in the community where in my base class for the year. Delicious competition! This boy could network back in the day already ;-)

My first year of High School turned out to be a rather successful one. I only hung out with matriculants thanks to my cousins (super babes) that were very popular in high school and who loved me to bits so I got to hang out with them and by default the rest fell into place! I met new friends and could not believe how much bigger my world was getting. The teasing and torture for being different stopped. I ended the year with 7 out of 8 trophies. I had to settle for one runner up accolade but hey it was worth a try. But I guess ending up being the academic supreme (top student for the standard 6's) was one of the sweet highlights of that year.


When I look back at that now. I see how faith that my treasure would come made it all possible really. I went on to have a very successful time at high school when I think of it. I gained respect for who I was despite being different to the "jocks" or even the "nerds". I was just CrazeeBee, an individual and a person. I got to make the difference to the kids in the work I took on to make our "coloured"/government school just as good as those Model C and Private Schools! For me it is just great to see that even at that stage where hormones and emotions can get out of control and one does some silly stuff to deal with it all, I somehow managed to get through it to my treasures and yes, I am very grateful for the treasures that exist in my life today. I am one lucky and happy boy as a result.



I was wondering why was this all bubbling up????


Well maybe just a check point to say things are shifting again. My priorities are changing! World is expanding! That there are new treasures on the horizon that do not involve all this competing and constantly striving to be the best! Maybe it is just awesome to just be you!?! Very much new territory I am getting into finding bliss without competing! Scary stuff! Trusting that the treasures are there and that I have all I need within me to make them a reality. I have enough guidance and intelligence at my disposal to navigate successfully to where I need to be.

So we will see where this takes me. Right now I am faced with potential projects where I will be challenged for sure in terms of making some significant life changes, start from the bottom and need to work my way to being empowered and an asset! One is in Cape Town and the other is outside South Africa (confirmation pending so will hush till then). Hate the crossroad personally but it lets me know that a treasure is waiting with whichever path is walked.........................


Looking at back at that first day of High School and realising that the world was bigger than being the Head Boy and Dux of Primary School to where my world is now! It is being BLESSED beyond what I could have dreamt of back then and then how exciting when one looks forward and says, geez in another 10 years I will look back and take this fond trip down memory lane.

How every time I chose to do what was in front of me with my best game and passion and how it prepared me for the next opportunity and the next and the next. And when I really think about it, how it all came together for treasures I never saw coming. Treasures of wisdom, love, prosperity, amazing experiences and creativity.

So God/Universe/Higher Power - here is Crazeebee trusting and placing faith that I am being lead to more wonderful treasures................................................Let's Do This!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liked It? Read These . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails

DISCLAIMER

All images, unless otherwise noted, were taken from the Internet and are assumed to be in the public domain. In the event that there is still a problem or error with copyrighted material, the break of the copyright is unintentional and noncommercial and the material will be removed immediately upon request.By viewing this blog you are verifying that it is not illegal for you to view the content herein. You are held responsible for any state, local or your countries laws.All models are believed to be of legal age or older. I am not responsible for the content of sites that link here or that I link to. The author is not responsible for any damage or harm caused to individuals as a result of using content from this blog. Application or use of content for personal/business reasons is at the reader's own risk.

Original Content Is Copyright to Crazeebee Livin

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected