The TIme is to live and be happy now!

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May 2012 : Man Awesomeness



I really enjoyed the A to Z blog challenge during April.  I have been inspired for May to speak about the Awesomeness Of The Men in Our Lives.  I have come to realise that I do have a specific view of men.  Yes I have my template that I use to tick their worthiness against.  And to be frank, it is not like it is working for me getting someone worth investing time and getting to know.  But it looks like I am not the only one that has a template.  I am one of the masses in the gay community that works on a template.  But there the lucky ones in the gay world that look at the beauty within and take someone for who they are.  And yes, they actually find happiness.

I do see how I play my part in strengthening the community's view of what makes a good and worthy man.  All you need to do is go online and you can start seeing what is out there in terms of the "standard"  How many of us buy into it or support it by coveting men that fit that standard.  Some phrases that I have come to see out there : "Straight Acting" "No Fem" "No Fats" "Muscular wanting same" "Fit wanting same" These are mostly followed by pics of sixpacks, torsos or some form of skin.  So that is what can be the standard available for some or most to buy into.  And please don't get me wrong.  This is not me saying there is no place for it and it is bad.  If that is what works for some, it works.  For me, I am looking for that relationship that takes me deeper into understanding me, love and someone else.  So it does stand to reason, that I would struggle to get that out it if all I saw in a guy was how well his torso and abs looked and did not bother to know the person behind that.  One would need to look deeper than that!

So I have decided to take a journey this month and celebrate a man on more that what he looks like.  So join me as we celebrate the awesomeness of the men we know and men we will meet during this month.  Whether you straight or gay, the men in your life bring an amazing quality and let's celebrate that.  I will be posting a daily "Adore" post over and above my usual posts which will be my way of recognizing and loving the good in the men I meet and know.



So let us celebrate the awesomeness of the men in our lives.  Mwah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liked It? Read These . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails

DISCLAIMER

All images, unless otherwise noted, were taken from the Internet and are assumed to be in the public domain. In the event that there is still a problem or error with copyrighted material, the break of the copyright is unintentional and noncommercial and the material will be removed immediately upon request.By viewing this blog you are verifying that it is not illegal for you to view the content herein. You are held responsible for any state, local or your countries laws.All models are believed to be of legal age or older. I am not responsible for the content of sites that link here or that I link to. The author is not responsible for any damage or harm caused to individuals as a result of using content from this blog. Application or use of content for personal/business reasons is at the reader's own risk.

Original Content Is Copyright to Crazeebee Livin

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected