The TIme is to live and be happy now!

Sunday, January 3, 2010

How do we LOVE ourselves?



The "metaphysical" wave has made an impression on many people over the past couple of years. It has become rather accessible via the media. Concepts like the law of attraction, connecting to the other side and channelling have come to be understood by many more "everyday" folk than before. Combine that with all the self help that is out there and we have a ocean of information.




What I find interesting and especially with myself is that certain concepts or part of the story sticks! I love it how it comes in handy later on when you in an experience and that piece of information that stuck is exactly what you need to move forward. I am very grateful to my soul for that ability we as humans have.

A new theme has been swimming around in my head of late. It is quite apparent for us single folk but something tells me that it can also exist even if you have someone as a life partner. It is the whole concept of feeling loved, that you ok, that you enough, that you good enough for the best life has to offer! We all have that desire to feel loved for all that we are. The crap and the great of who we are all in one. All these concepts out there on the getting the life you want, turning your life around for the positive or making positive changes package the bottom line differently but it is all the same in terms of what the core of it is . . . . . . . . . .




You have to LOVE you first and foremost! (No exception!!!!!! Only you!!!!!)




Cultivate and maintain a spirit of Gratitude and reveling in your Blessings!




What I find is that it really is rooted in your daily life where you demonstrate the simple concept of either making the above statements True or Not True! For me, what makes up a typical day for you or where you invest your time, intentions and feelings either strengthens or weakens the above. I feel that one can simply start by asking how you want to be loved? Then one asks how can I love myself the I way I want to be loved.

Inspired by the train of thought, I looked at some of the ways that I love myself. Below are some of the key practices I do:

  • I have my moments of gratitude. I am not an everyday count your blessings guy although I try to be one. In this process I can truly take note of what it means to be happy just as I am and how special my life really is. Sometimes I journal it, Blog it or take a moment to just be in that space where I acknowledge and say thank you. Oprah shared in an interview that she tries to write down at least 5 things to be grateful for at the end of her day everyday. I am thinking that is a plan for me . . . .

  • I give my body a challenge to work through any emotional or mental pain that I carry! I learnt this from my spiritual coach and dear friend (Angela). Finding a way to feel that pain and embody it so that it can be expressed. Sometimes it finds its way through violent dancing, aggressive physical activity in the gym (treadmill, stepper etc). Screaming at the top of my voice! These are all ways for me to express my negative emotions. I have found how it allows me to create a space for the positive emotions to flow in . . . . .

  • I have my moments of silence/allowing. I recently read a book by Jerry and Ester Hicks (Ask and It is Given). There was a beautiful chapter on meditation and what it represents. It is a state of allowing. Putting down control, trying to fix, be a role or survive. It was saying loud and clear to the Universe that you allowing it to take control and do the job it does effortlessly. That you allowing it to work on your desires. I found that beautiful and it resonated deeply with me. So I have my moments when I have my long hot baths, drive in traffic for hours to work, do my endurance workouts, listen to my music. All I do is focus on the moment and my breathing. BIG Smile . . . . . .

  • My iPod and I are never separated. I am very particular about my playlists that are loaded on my iPod at any point in time. The songs must resonate with where I am. They range from uplifting, to visualisation to angry music (to assist with release work). Sometimes, it is private performance where I am the star performer that dances and performs the song, to using the essence of the song to work through the embodying of my emotions in physical activity or simply in my allowing work. I find this puts me in a very calm and open mindset and I do my best creative work from this space . . . . . . .
  • Other practices involve, time with my friends. I love just "being" with them. The levels of comfort and sharing is truly awesome. I know love from the time we spend together. Then there is Enjoying deep meaningful conversations, meeting someone new and learning a new perspective, monthly facials, cooking a tasty meal, long hot baths, wearing great smelling perfumes, looking into my eyes in the mirror and acknowledging all the beauty that lies within, choosing not to judge people that I do not understand as that has a direct correlation on how I judge myself which lies a foundation for self hatred, playing with kids under 5 years - they are a delight in how they see the world and themselves - there is wisdom for me to use on how I see myself and the world sometimes, attending freestyle dance class and dancing like no-one is watching (hehehehe), etc etc etc

Again, I will say this over and over. It is not in the deed or how lavish and great it is but more the magnitude of what goes on in your mind and heart of hearts when you doing what you need to do. That is what makes the essence of your life and where it is today. Another bottom line from the ocean of self help and metaphysical world. Once being loved comes from you to you, the world is at your feet . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I can safely say that I have come to a space in my life where I feel blessed generally most of the time, love where my career is going and all the gifts financially, personally and experiences I have been through, adore the people that spend time with me because of who they are, understand that no-one has power over me unless I allow them to and that I can look forward to what is out there.

So, how is loving yourself going?


2 comments:

  1. Fabulous post, and so fitting.......

    Taking a stand and walking away from all I had was down to love, the lack of it that I had for myself, I knew that I had to find myself again by getting past the barriers I had put up, finding the light inside once again, knowing that when the time is right I will once again be enveloped in the caress of real love..............

    ReplyDelete

Liked It? Read These . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails

DISCLAIMER

All images, unless otherwise noted, were taken from the Internet and are assumed to be in the public domain. In the event that there is still a problem or error with copyrighted material, the break of the copyright is unintentional and noncommercial and the material will be removed immediately upon request.By viewing this blog you are verifying that it is not illegal for you to view the content herein. You are held responsible for any state, local or your countries laws.All models are believed to be of legal age or older. I am not responsible for the content of sites that link here or that I link to. The author is not responsible for any damage or harm caused to individuals as a result of using content from this blog. Application or use of content for personal/business reasons is at the reader's own risk.

Original Content Is Copyright to Crazeebee Livin

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected