The TIme is to live and be happy now!

Thursday, June 16, 2011

One Moment Meditation : Day 1 : Intro To The Basic Minute



I discovered this link to the one moment meditation.  I loved it as I can buy the concept that when you look at life in terms of moments, it takes on a wonderful journey.  When you see life as a series of moments, you can work towards experiencing power moments and making those the higher frequency within your life.  I will admit that meditation has been one my challenges.  The concept of doing nothing and simply breathing does get to me and to do it for for a period of time makes me uneasy especially when you have deadlines, chores and things to do to keep life going.

So when this concept of one moment meditation came along, I was intrigued.  If I can take just a minute out of my day to be still and connect it does not seem like hard work to me.  And because it is a minute, I am amazed at how open it makes me to have more of them during my day.

So I started Day 1 of One Moment Meditation about a week ago.  It was interesting because half the week I was on vacation and the other half I started back to a demanding work schedule.  In the beginning I found the minute too short.  With all my thoughts, to do lists and worries flooding, I did feel that the minute did not give me a chance to get into the flow of connection.  Then when I had people around me and I was at work, the minute actually was too long.  I was like come on already!


The one thing that I have taken away of a week of practicing multiple meditation minutes is that:

  1. I can start seeing that I can connect to something bigger than where I am currently and it can take seconds to connect
  2. My awareness is greater than ever.  I can be in a meeting and notice where I am not connected and closed off and not responding as my best self.  I can be in a hostile situation and remember to breathe and not be so hooked into it and choose to change tactic in that moment
  3. I feel like I have options to get the best of both worlds.  I can have a busy life but i can spare a minute here and a minute there to connect.  And with a minute, the where and when can get very creative and it simply fits in
I do however feel that having longer meditations such 15 minutes, 20 minutes and some even an hour has its place and is necessary.  But some of us just do not have the time to do that everyday.  So I suggest balance it.  Try the one minute thing in your busy times and the longer ones at least 2 to 3 times a week.  Keep up with my progress as I progress the remaining days by visiting The Business Of Good Livin.

I would love to hear from you on how being in a moment fully impacts your day to day lives.  Feel free to drop me a mail on crazeebeelivin@gmail.com  or inbox me on Facebook or Twitter.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Liked It? Read These . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails

DISCLAIMER

All images, unless otherwise noted, were taken from the Internet and are assumed to be in the public domain. In the event that there is still a problem or error with copyrighted material, the break of the copyright is unintentional and noncommercial and the material will be removed immediately upon request.By viewing this blog you are verifying that it is not illegal for you to view the content herein. You are held responsible for any state, local or your countries laws.All models are believed to be of legal age or older. I am not responsible for the content of sites that link here or that I link to. The author is not responsible for any damage or harm caused to individuals as a result of using content from this blog. Application or use of content for personal/business reasons is at the reader's own risk.

Original Content Is Copyright to Crazeebee Livin

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected