The TIme is to live and be happy now!

Monday, June 27, 2011

One Moment Meditation : Day 2 : Working With The Mind



Day 2 of the lesson series speaks to working with the wandering mind.  I guess it is natural for the mind to start going through the lists, the commitments, the worries, the to dos and so on and so on.  The truth I have come to make peace with is that the mind is designed to think and that is its job.  The trick for me is in focus!

So when you can focus on the mind in a gentle manner, it is a playful dance with wandering versus back to focus.  And this is the bottom line of the Day 2 lesson.  It is finding your way back to your breathing gently when you wander away from it.

Practicing this has been great as I have found some spots at work where I can spend my minute just being with my breathe and divinity.  The trick for you is to find spots where you know you will have the potential of not being disturbed.

Take aways for me included:

  • The mind is what the it is and it will think.  I have found that one should not fight it and hate on yourself but rather invite it and gently guide it back to the focus of the in and out of your breathe
  • What has helped me is to enclose whatever I am thinking into a bubble and watch it gently and lovingly float away.  It gets me to tap into the peace that lies beneath the stream of thoughts
  • I also found that certain images would form and stay with me.  I would let it unfold and focus on that and how it felt with my breathe.  It helps going through it rather than resisting it.  I found that it dissolved quite beautifully
  • This practice is not a once off and must be a consistent action.  That is the secret.
There is nothing profoundly more to get if you look at the Day 1 lesson but it is just strengthening the minute into focusing on the breathe and peace that one can find when you let go and connect to the greatness that is always around you.  Read more about the lesson by going to the link : Day 2 : Working With The Mind

I would love to hear from you on how being in a moment fully impacts your day to day lives.  Feel free to drop me a mail on crazeebeelivin@gmail.com  or inbox me on Facebook or Twitter.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Liked It? Read These . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails

DISCLAIMER

All images, unless otherwise noted, were taken from the Internet and are assumed to be in the public domain. In the event that there is still a problem or error with copyrighted material, the break of the copyright is unintentional and noncommercial and the material will be removed immediately upon request.By viewing this blog you are verifying that it is not illegal for you to view the content herein. You are held responsible for any state, local or your countries laws.All models are believed to be of legal age or older. I am not responsible for the content of sites that link here or that I link to. The author is not responsible for any damage or harm caused to individuals as a result of using content from this blog. Application or use of content for personal/business reasons is at the reader's own risk.

Original Content Is Copyright to Crazeebee Livin

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected