The TIme is to live and be happy now!

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Story Of The Sandcastle


I have been stationed in Durban for a while.  Look out for some pics from my adventures on the beach.  The ocean has always been the one thing that repairs and restores my wholeness.  So I am very blessed and grateful to be spending time at one of my most favorite spots in South Africa.  A little piece of Heaven, just north of Durban.

So in my time of rest and restore, I have gotten back into my reading which is awesome as my mind needs some challenge and growth.  My current book explores how to access the Natural Leader that resides within you.  But I was really struck by the concept of how they saw change.

"It is in the midst of change that you experience chaos and like you are biggest idiot!  This is the place that your fears come up to slap you in the face screaming at you to stop.  That is when you know it is just a matter of staying the course to the eventual change that you working towards"

That was my take from my reading so far.  I am sure the author put it much more eloquently that I did.  It does ask the question, how do we know that what we have built is a sandcastle or a solid weather the storm type structure.  Sandcastles might look beautiful, but take so much effort and stress to maintain from the ocean, the wind and other potential harm.  And when they do get destroyed by the ocean or wind, we tend to try and rebuild them as they were without learning a thing or to.  And it seems like such a waste to let something with all that hard work be "destroyed"

What I am beginning to see is that breakdowns and destruction of old beliefs and ways to seeing are necessary for you to rethink, regroup and make choices to do it differently.  As Robin put it " You need a breakdown to breakthrough"  I found that very priceless and very profound!  You need limiting beliefs and fears to be shattered so you can rebuild using a new view.

So today's tale is one of keep on EVOLVING!  That is how to stay of service to you and of service to others in your life.  When you allow change to come in and you start adapting and looking at how it grows you, you realise how it makes you better to deal with situations and allows you to move forward.

I am not saying this is easy and I personally am struggling to breaking through to a new way of seeing the world and my role in it.  But one thing I can say to you is that it is about easing into it and taking it one moment at a time.  Take the time to centre and get clear on what is important to you and decide today that you will do at least 2 to 3 things to make what you want a reality.  It could be as simple as just making the list today, tomorrow doing the first step and next day and the next day.  It is putting those snowballs of change in place and one day they will take on their own momentum.

So here is to stepping through the chaos one step at a time, one positive action at a time.  Here is to promising yourself some actions that take you closer to what you really desire.  Go Strong!

Currently reading "The Leader Who Had No Title" by Robin Sharma

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liked It? Read These . . .

Related Posts with Thumbnails

DISCLAIMER

All images, unless otherwise noted, were taken from the Internet and are assumed to be in the public domain. In the event that there is still a problem or error with copyrighted material, the break of the copyright is unintentional and noncommercial and the material will be removed immediately upon request.By viewing this blog you are verifying that it is not illegal for you to view the content herein. You are held responsible for any state, local or your countries laws.All models are believed to be of legal age or older. I am not responsible for the content of sites that link here or that I link to. The author is not responsible for any damage or harm caused to individuals as a result of using content from this blog. Application or use of content for personal/business reasons is at the reader's own risk.

Original Content Is Copyright to Crazeebee Livin

myfreecopyright.com registered & protected